I love stories! It is a privilege, honor, and blessing to share that love with others through Faithfully Bookish. This informational section of the website is here to make sure we’re all on the same page. Also, the government (FTC) told me to and I am an obsessive rule follower.
An affiliate link simply means I have a relationship with the seller and if you choose to make a purchase after clicking through to that seller, I will earn a small commission (more information). This is at no extra cost to you but every little bit helps pay the bills and keeps hubby from pulling the plug.
Faithfully Bookish participates in the Christianbook.com affiliate program, the Book Depository affiliate program, the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, Schoolhouse Teachers and ReadingBuddy Software affiliate programs. An affiliate advertising program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by displaying advertising and linking to retail sites. While I often provide links to books as part of my reviews, author spotlights, and deal alert posts, I will not recommend that you purchase a book or other product just so I can get a percentage back. My Thoughts (reviews) are always my honest opinion. In deal alert posts, I only share books I have read, books I want to read, or books that have been highly recommended by trusted friends. You are always free to decide which books you purchase (if any) and from where you purchase them.
Other links (goodreads, other retailers, authors, publishers, publicists, etc.) are not affiliate links and will generate no income for Faithfully Bookish.
disclosure of material connection
I request and receive complimentary books (ebooks, paperbacks, ARCs) from publishers, authors, and/or publicity groups. A list of programs I participate (or have participated) in is located on the about page. Regardless of how I obtain each title, I will provide my own honest opinion and I am not in any way required to present positive reviews, nor any review. At the end of each review, I will indicate the source if the book is a complimentary copy. Otherwise, it is from my personal collection or borrowed.
I am never paid for a review that appears on this site.
All written and photographic content on faithfullybookish (dot) com (with the exception of content directly from the publisher or author) is the property of Faithfully Bookish and may not be copied or reproduced in any fashion. The only exception is sharing the entire blog post via social media and/or quoting portions of the post when it is shared. (Authors may freely use the graphics quotes I create for their books, but I retain the rights to those graphics.)
Other than images created by Faithfully Bookish, all other images on this blog are the property of their respective owners. All possible effort has been made to give a source credit to images when applicable, but regardless Faithfully Bookish claims no credit for any image on this site other than those created by me as already indicated. If there is an image belonging to you that appears on this website and you would like it removed, please contact me at betherin (at) faithfullybookish (dot) com with a link to the image and I will promptly do so.
The privacy of our visitors to faithfullybookish.com is important to us.
Our website address is https://faithfullybookish.com, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit faithfullybookish.com, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties, and all data collected is only used to notify you about giveaway winnings or to send you blog updates as you have requested by checking the comment follow box or filling out the email contact form. You can, at any time, remove your consent.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
iThemes Security plugin
The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 60 days.
Security logs are retained for 60 days.
Data Used: This feature will send a hash of the user’s email address (if logged in to the site or WordPress.com — or if they submitted a comment on the site using their email address that is attached to an active Gravatar profile) to the Gravatar service (also owned by Automattic) in order to retrieve their profile image.
Data Used: Commenter’s name, email address, and site URL (if provided via the comment form), timestamp, and IP address. Additionally, a jetpack.wordpress.com IFrame receives the following data: WordPress.com blog ID attached to the site, ID of the post on which the comment is being submitted, commenter’s local user ID (if available), commenter’s local username (if available), commenter’s site URL (if available), MD5 hash of the commenter’s email address (if available), and the comment content. If Akismet (also owned by Automattic) is enabled on the site, the following information is sent to the service for the sole purpose of spam checking: commenter’s name, email address, site URL, IP address, and user agent.
Activity Tracked: The comment author’s name, email address, and site URL (if provided during the comment submission) are stored in cookies. Learn more about these cookies.
Data Synced (?): All data and metadata (see above) associated with comments. This includes the status of the comment and, if Akismet is enabled on the site, whether or not it was classified as spam by Akismet.
This feature is only accessible to users logged in to WordPress.com.
Data Used: In order to process a post like action, the following information is used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID, WordPress.com username, WordPress.com-connected site ID (on which the post was liked), post ID (of the post that was liked), user agent, timestamp of event, browser language, country code.
Activity Tracked: Post likes.
Data Used: A visitor’s preference on viewing the mobile version of a site.
Activity Tracked: A cookie (akm_mobile) is stored for 3.5 days to remember whether or not a visitor of the site wishes to view its mobile version. Learn more about this cookie.
Data Used: In order to check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting user’s IP address, attempting user’s email address/username (i.e. according to the value they were attempting to use during the login process), and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting user.
Activity Tracked: Failed login attempts (these include IP address and user agent). We also set a cookie (jpp_math_pass) for 1 day to remember if/when a user has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they’re a real human. Learn more about this cookie.
Data Synced (?): Failed login attempts, which contain the user’s IP address, attempted username or email address, and user agent information.
Data Used: To initiate and process subscriptions, the following information is used: subscriber’s email address and the ID of the post or comment (depending on the specific subscription being processed). In the event of a new subscription being initiated, we also collect some basic server data, including all of the subscribing user’s HTTP request headers, the IP address from which the subscribing user is viewing the page, and the URI which was given in order to access the page (REQUEST_URI and DOCUMENT_URI). This server data used for the exclusive purpose of monitoring and preventing abuse and spam.
Activity Tracked: Functionality cookies are set for a duration of 347 days to remember a visitor’s blog and post subscription choices if, in fact, they have an active subscription.
WordPress.com Secure Sign On
This feature is only accessible to registered users of the site with WordPress.com accounts.
Data Used: User ID (local site and WordPress.com), role (e.g. administrator), email address, username and display name. Additionally, for activity tracking (see below): IP address, WordPress.com user ID, WordPress.com username, WordPress.com-connected site ID and URL, Jetpack version, user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code.
Activity Tracked: The following usage events are recorded: starting the login process, completing the login process, failing the login process, successfully being redirected after login, and failing to be redirected after login. Several functionality cookies are also set, and these are detailed explicitly in our Cookie documentation.
Data Synced (?): The user ID and role of any user who successfully signed in via this feature.
Data Used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code. Important: The site owner does not have access to any of this information via this feature. For example, a site owner can see that a specific post has 285 views, but he/she cannot see which specific users/accounts viewed that post. Stats logs — containing visitor IP addresses and WordPress.com usernames (if available) — are retained by Automattic for 28 days and are used for the sole purpose of powering this feature.
MailChimp newsletter service
Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect or receive about you broadly falls into the following categories:
(i) Information we receive about Contacts from our Members: A Member may provide Personal Information about you to us through the Services. For example, when a Member uploads their Distribution List or integrates the Services with another website or service (for example, when a Member chooses to connect their e-commerce account with MailChimp), or when you sign up for a Member’s Distribution List on a MailChimp signup form, they may provide us with certain contact information or other Personal Information about you such as your name, email address, address or telephone number. You may have the opportunity to update some of this information by electing to update or manage your preferences via an email you receive from a Member.
- Device information: We collect information about the device and applications you use to access emails sent through our Services, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
- Product usage data: We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with emails sent through the Services, which may include dates and times you access emails and your browsing activities (such as what pages are viewed). We also collect information regarding the performance of the Services, including metrics related to the deliverability of emails and other electronic communications our Members send through the Services. This information allows us to improve the content and operation of the Services, and facilitate research and analysis of the Services.
(iii) Information we collect from other sources: From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as social media platforms and third-party data providers. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally or contractually permitted to disclose such information to us, and we use this information to provide publicly available social media information about you to Members who have enabled the “Social Profiles” feature in their MailChimp accounts.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect or receive about you for our legitimate business interests, including:
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- For our data analytics projects. Our data analytics projects use data from Mailchimp accounts, including your Personal Information, to provide and improve the Services. We use information, like your purchase history, provided to us by Members, so we can make more informed predictions, decisions, and products for our Members. For example, we use data from Mailchimp accounts to enable product recommendation, audience segmentation, and predicted demographics features for our Members. If you prefer not to share this data, you can opt out of data analytics projects at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
Legal Basis for Processing
We process Personal Information about you as a data controller as described in this section, where such processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interests typically include: improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our technology, products and services; and ensuring the security of the Services and our Website.
Other Data Protection Rights
You may have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information. MailChimp takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating or deleting your Personal Information, or altering your data, by emailing us at email@example.com. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
As described above, for much of the Personal Information we collect and process about Contacts through the Services, we act as a processor on behalf of our Members. In such cases, if you are a Contact and want to exercise any data protection rights that may be available to you under applicable law or have questions or concerns about how your Personal Information is handled by MailChimp as a processor on behalf of our individual Members, you should contact the relevant Member that is using the Mailchimp Services, and refer to their separate privacy policies.
If you no longer want to be contacted by one of our Members through our Services, please unsubscribe directly from that Member’s newsletter or contact the Member directly to update or delete your data. If you contact us directly, we may remove or update your information within a reasonable time and after providing notice to the Member of your request.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Questions or concerns about privacy can be directed to betherin (at) faithfullybookish (dot) com.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Each giveaway is open only to those who enter through the Rafflecopter or PromoSimple or Gleam form (whichever form is used for that particular giveaway. Most will be Rafflecopter) and who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. The giveaway is open to U.S. only (unless otherwise indicated) and is void where prohibited by law. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions, as final and binding as it relates to the content.
- Giveaway Period: Unless otherwise stated, a giveaway’s entry period is one week. Entries will be accepted on the day the contest begins until the Rafflecopter/PromoSimple/Gleam form closes to entries, usually at midnight one week later (Pacific).
- How to Enter: See eligibility terms
- Prizes: Winners will receive the prize or prizes as stated on the blog. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted.
- Winner Selection & Notification: Winners of each giveaway will be selected in a random drawing through Rafflecopter (or PromoSimple or Gleam). The winner or winners will be notified by email as soon as possible after the giveaway ends. The winner will have 48 hours to notify the sponsor and supply requested information for delivery. Faithfully Bookish or its sponsors shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to check email, receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Faithfully Bookish and its sponsors for liability, mail loss, illness, injury, death, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof.